HAPPY THANKSGIVING My Friend!
I admit it. Call me crazy, but even after all the deliciousness that is Thanksgiving Day, my FAVORITE part is the leftovers. Our family looks forward to hosting Thanksgiving Dinner just for that one fact alone. They are that good.
And then, if we are lucky enough to have leftover Turkey, we love to turn it into Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup. It is so good that we have been known to cook two turkeys to have enough leftovers to make this soup...
Try it, it might just change the way you feel about Turkey... it's comfort food at it's finest.
Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tbs. butter
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes (better than bouillon) or leftover turkey stock
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1/2- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1 tsp. salt - or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper - or to taste
1) Saute onion in butter until translucent. add water, bouillon cubes, turkey and vegetables. Cover and boil gently until vegetables are temder.
2) Add a small amount of milk to the flour, stirring until mixture is smooth. Add remaining milk, salt and pepper.
3) Stir milk mixture into soup. SImmer, stirring occasionally, until soup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and serve.
Yields: 4 to 6 servings